General Duty Assistant (GDA) are also known as "Nursing Care Assistants", "Nursing Assistant", "Nursing Aides", "Bedside Assistants" or "Orderlies" when working in a hospital environment. The course is aimed to produce the much needed efficient and productive workforce in the field of healthcare.
- Transferring patient within hospital
- Assist patient in maintaining normal hygiene and elimination.
- Communicating appropriately with co-workers
- Prevent & control infection
- Assist nurse in observing and reporting change in patient.
- Respond to patients call
- Clean medical equipment under supervision of nurse
- Transport patient samples, drugs, patient documents and transporting laundry
- Carry out last offlce(death care)
- Basics of Anatomy and Physiology
- Layout and main departments of hospital
- Patient care
- Vital signs
- Elimination procedures
- Spill management
- Biomedical waste management
- Sterilization and disinfection
- Can work as nursing assistants in hospitals
- Can work as home aids
- Can work in nursing clinics as bed side assistants
- Eligibility: 8th or 10th pass
- Course Duration: 3 Months
- Theory +simulation: 200 hrs + 1320hrs + 40 hrs