This program prepares students to become a medical laboratory professional who is qualified by academic and applied science education to provide service and research in medical laboratory science.The Medical Laboratory Technician will perform tests to analyze body fluids, tissue, and other substances in the following core areas: immunohematology (blood banking), microbiology, hematology, chemistry, urinalysis, and immunology.
- Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting.
- Toxicology identifies the presence or quantity of drugs of abuse, therapeutic drugs, and toxic substances
- Hematology provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating hematology, urinalysis, and coagulation equipment; performing manual methods of differentials.
- Immunology provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating equipment such as the gamma counter, spectrophotometer, densitometer, and through methods such as radioimmunoassay, enzyme immunossay, and serological testing.
- Microbiology provides physician with information for treatment of patient infection by performing technical procedures for the identification or susceptibility of bacteria, parasites, fungi, and mycobacteria.
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers by following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Basics of Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical terminology
- Cellular biotechnology
- Computer applications in the laboratory
- Hospitals & Outpatient clinics
- Forensic laboratories
- Medical research laboratories
- Pharmaceutical laboratories
- Lab equipment sales and services
- Colleges and universities as assistant tutor
- Eligibility: 12th pass with Science
- Course Duration: 12 months
- Theory +simulation: 1000 hrs + 1000 hrs
- Certification : Healthcare Sector Skill Council